Wednesday, July 15, 2009

On a roll

Okay, so this week I finally have some energy and I feel like I am on a roll. But don't knock on my door with out calling first because I am still in my pajamas.

BUT...the laundry is all caught up. The dishes are almost done. The kitchen/dining room floors got mopped. The bathrooms are pretty clean. The floors got vacuumed. Whew! It feels good!

In 9 days we head out to Maine! I want the house to be clean for when we come home. I strongly despise coming home to a dirty house.

Oh...funny thing. I totally clogged my kitchen sink tonight:)! I don't know how many times I apologized to Todd for it. I was cleaning out the fridge, you know still being on a roll and all, and I dumped the old nasty food into the sink. Well, it kind of jammed up the trap. OOOOPS! Todd tried the plunger trick...but it was too plugged. LOL! So, he had to unscrew the pipes and let it all out into a bucket. Then He made a mess and sprayed a lot of the contents under the sink with yucky dirty ricey water. (There was a lot of rice in there :() EEWW! So, he finished fixing my mess and I cleaned up after him. Good trade off right? I have such a wonderful husband! I think he was really glad I was finally cleaning out the fridge! It was full when Juli came out. It needed to be cleaned out a while ago. And since I was on a roll I finally got that accomplished! So, that is one more thing that will be clean when I come home from our visit to Maine.

Today I went from dresser to dresser (or as we say in Maine, bureau. I had friends growing up who would pronounce it "breero" hehehe! If you know me you know that I have issues with words being pronounced incorrectly. :)Todd got me to change to using the word dresser. It doesn't get messed up as much!). I unfolded each article of clothing and checked the sizes. I took out ALL outgrown clothing. Then I moved items from TJ's dresser to Alex's, to Max's and then to Colin's. I now have about 5 boxes in the hallway, full of clothing to be donated! LOVE CLEANING OUT!

Now I can go sit on my couch and read! LOVE reading! I am trying to be good. I read in the evening while everyone is watching TV or is otherwise occupied!

Feelin' good!

No comments:

Post a Comment