Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Making a change

Making a change, whether in attitude, food choices, in schedule, you name it, it can be hard to do. When we first put Max on the gluten free/casein free diet when he was 3 1/2 was so hard. I couldn't sleep. Thoughts of what I could and couldn't feed him rolled through my mind when I closed my eyes. I thought I would never get to a point where I felt comfortable with it. But somewhere between now then I got used to it. It has been 4 years now.

A few months ago we decided, per Doctor suggestion, to put Alex on the same diet. I hoped it would make a difference, but as we look at the last few months we don't see a change. The change really came when we put him on a new remedy. It is helping him a lot. That is when we realized that the diet didn't help.

Yesterday was my first day putting Alex back on regular food. But there is a catch. It needs to be foods without artificial colors, flavors, additives and other unnecessary chemicals. I am not as familiar with those foods, so I have some research to do. I know pretty much what to look for but I need to locate the items that are "safe".

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment