Saturday, January 29, 2011

So Tired!

I knew I was tired, but I didn't realize I was that tired. When 7:30 came and I was snuggled up in bed with my 2 year old and I couldn't keep my eyes open, I knew I was a goner.

No matter how hard I tried, my eye lids kept falling. Is it 8 yet? Please let it be 8, I thought, as my eyes dropped closed again. A fleeting thought, it's Friday, they don't have to be in bed until 10. Oh crud. My eyes closed again. Kipper the dog played in the back ground. I opened my eyes, adjusted my glasses and willed my eyes to stay open for just a little while longer. Another episode was chosen, and Kipper continued....did I fall asleep again? My eyes popped open.

TJ's in my room asking me something...I couldn't figure out what. "Can you take care of Alyssa? I need to sleep." TJ takes Alyssa and keeps her busy. Kipper still playing in the background, was anyone even watching it? I don't know. My eyes closed again. I should take off my glasses....but I'm just so tired.

The boys came in and out of my room several times. I can't remember what they needed or wanted. I'm sure if it had been life threatening the tired fog would have lifted rapidly and I would have taken care of their needs. But that didn't happen, and the fog stayed, and the boys watched Suite Life on Deck or some other show, and Alyssa watched more Kipper.

At 10:30pm my eyes popped open and I saw Colin fast asleep on the cushion beside my bed. Alyssa was sound asleep next to me and Kipper was over. I kept hearing something. The dog was sleeping next to Colin, so it wasn't her making noise. Max was awake but on his bed being quiet. TJ was sound asleep in his bed, and Alex was on his bed pretending to be asleep. Silly boy. I told him he could sleep in the living room, but he had to be quiet and go to sleep. The living room is the fun place to sleep! I locked all the doors, checked the windows and locked some of those, and climbed back into my snuggly warm bed and fell asleep. And some where in there I remembered to take off my glasses...thankfully!

What a night!

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming everything is okay--you weren't sick or anything, right?

    How nice that your big boys are big enough to hold the fort while you rest!

    ReplyDelete