Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Favorite

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&vgnextoid=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&channelId=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&sourceId=ffd6ad4e1ae92210VgnVCM100000176f620a____

This is one of my most favorite talks given. President Uchtdorf is an amazing speaker. He always has a ways of making me feel like what I am doing is the BEST thing I could be doing in this life. I am a mother. I am a stay-at-home Mom. And I love my job!

The very last quote of this clip is the one that has stuck with me since he gave this address. "The more you trust and rely upon the spirit, the Greater your capacity to create!"

We create
...a spirit of love in our homes
...a clean tidy home
...meals for our families to eat
...a place for learning and growing, a place where the spirit may dwell
...bonds of love and friendship
...scrapbooks and journals of memories to share
...piles of cleaned, folded laundry to wear
...family home evenings to engage our family members
...times to work together as a team


There are so many ways that we can create. It's not just the painting, or photographs, or sculpture...it's the bread we bake, the story we write, the songs we sing. It's the smile we share, the giggles we hear, the quiet moments, the one-on-one talks, the teaching moments. As we live our lives, we create something each day.

2 comments: