Sunday, January 23, 2011

Inspiration

It is absolutely amazing to me how patience comes when I am reading my scriptures, reading the messages of the modern day prophets and apostles of the Lord; when I am listening to inspiring stories of Mothers who have risen above. We CAN be great Mothers, women, individuals. We can be better today than we were yesterday. We just need that push, that extra added measure of strength, that courage that comes from staying close to our Father in Heaven.

When I am in tune with the whisperings of the Spirit I can bite my tongue and then say kind words...I can stop and think before I act or speak...I can speak more softly...I can be more understanding...when I am in tune.

Each day is a challenge. Children fight and argue over trivial things. They take toys away from a sibling. They hit someone because they are upset. They leave their things all over the floor and the dog chews them up....I could go on and on.

Each day can turn into a joy. With our loving Father in Heaven at our side and our Savior as our example we can do so much; be so much more than we could have been. I am so thankful for a loving Father who blesses me when I need it most. He inspires me to read my scriptures and listen to the teaching of the prophets. He guides me so that I know what to say; so that I can be the woman I want to be. I want to be more and more like Him each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment