Friday, September 11, 2009

We change

I was realizing just the other day how some minor things have changed since Todd and I got married. When a couple gets together people always talk about what things they like to do together, what their common interests are. Well, Todd and I always loved movies and just being together.

One of the things Todd has always loved is baseball. And not just any old baseball game, but the Royals. So, he would listen to games on the radio and I would sigh and think, "Boring!!". Many times I would ask him to change the station because I hated to listen to the game.

This year I have attended 2 Kansas City Royals home games with Todd and family and friends. This year I have learned to appreciate baseball. It was fun to attend a game, sit high up in the stands and cheer for our team. There is so much going on at the stadium. People walking up and down the stairs yelling, "Cotton Candy...Cotton Candy for sale!". They sell frozen Lemonade, ice creams, and many other things. It is stimulation overload! The noise is insane and you have to yell or talk very loudly to be heard. We even started texting one time because it was just easier to communicate that way.

So, I am now a fan. I actually enjoy the games. I will even watch them on TV. Now...I still don't like to listen to them on the radio, but I have gained an appreciation for something that Todd loves and now we can share it together.

The boys love the games too. Max has a hard time with the noise, but he does really well considering. TJ, Alex and Colin will holler with the rest of them as they cheer the team on. It's fun to watch! They chant, "Let's go Royals!" clap, clap "Let's go Royals!" clap, clap They get loud and crazy. It's so cute. They ask for cotton candy and we lovingly say no. They ask for soda, nachos, ice cream...and we again tell them no. We bring popcorn and water and other yummy snacks. It's much less expensive that way. I was shocked one time when I went to get water and it cost over $4 a bottle. That highway robbery right there!!!

So, we can change. We can learn to like new and different things. We just have to want to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment