Monday, September 21, 2009

Still sick

Colin is so sick he had to stay home from school. There is a rule that they have to be fever free for 24 hours, without the use of medicine, before they can return. So, he jumped for joy and bragged to his brothers.

Colin is so sick today that he asked if he could play with his toys in the sink. I told him he wasn't allowed to splash or make big messes and that he had to show me the toys he wanted to play with in the water. So, I sat on the couch nursing Alyssa while Colin dragged a stool over to the kitchen sink, plugged it, and filled it with water. He filled it almost to the top. He would stand his toys on the faucet and they would do a cannon ball into the water. They didn't make big splashes though...that was the rule! I think he is feeling better! No high fevers yet today. I hope the fevers are long gone.

My day is a little more lazy than usual because I have Colin home. He needs a lot more attention than Lady Bug does sometimes. Between the two of them I might at well just grab a book and find a comfy spot so that they can find me at a moment's notice! That's what being a Mom is all about...isn't it? Being there when our children need us...Even when it's just asking permission to play in the sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment