Saturday, September 26, 2009

Just another morning

So, it's 7:00 am on a Saturday and I can't sleep. I should be sleeping in since all the kids are, but my brain won't shut off. Could be worse I guess! Lady Bug slept through the night last night for the first time in a couple of weeks! Hallelujah! She had been leaking out of her diapers for the last four or five nights and I was getting pretty frustrated waking up just to change a diaper that wasn't even saturated.

Since she has been crawling around everywhere she has lost a bunch of baby fat. So, the leg elastics were too big around her legs. Oops! Yesterday I spent a little while adjusting a bunch of her diapers, and each time she needed a diaper change I adjusted another one. No leaks!!!

Lady Bug has a great desire to walk. She gets very frustrated when she can't get there fast enough. She has been pretty fussy this last week and I thought I was going to go nuts. Finally yesterday she was a bit happier. She is trying to stand up next to the couch, the window, and the bakers wrack. She even gets in a squatting position and just sits there with one knee on the ground. She is eleven months now and I can see those wheels spinning in her head. She wants to be mobile. She is trying to figure out how she can stand up and not fall over. Her little feet are still a bit round and it's hard for her to be steady. It makes me wonder how long it will take. It's so fun to watch her learn and grow. We had fun with the boys watching them do new things too. It just feels like it has been so long that it has become exciting again. Her first year is going by way too fast for my taste.

John and Alicia got here last night after traveling for about 3 days. They staying with us last night and will head to Mike's house for a couple of nights sometime today. It's fun to have family visiting and it's more fun to see how excited the boys get when they see them drive into the driveway. I remember feeling the same way when my Gramma would come visit from Arizona. Or when Aunt Wanda and Uncle Billy would come. It's so exciting. You get a little spoiled and you get to do things that aren't normally in your routine.

I remember when Gramma and Stan would drive out in their big blue van. We thought it was so cool. They had a bed in the back of the van to sleep in on their trip. What an awesome way to travel! Not with five kids though! I'll take a hotel any day!

I guess I better find something else to do while everyone sleeps! Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment