Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Swing of Things

We are getting into...the "Swing of things" again! Slowly, but surely. Alyssa is trying to get used to playing all by herself with no interruptions from her noisy brothers! She is doing pretty well with that.

The other day I was cleaning up the house and I went into TJ's and Alex's room and found something I thought was pretty creative. I would never have thought to do it myself. TJ had taken a headlamp and put it on the blink mode, set it on the floor and pointed it at the sensor on the night light. So every time the headlamp would shine the night light would go off, and every time with headlamp was off the night light would shine. It must have caught me just right because I chuckled and left it the way that it was.

I spent a large part of my day yesterday cleaning my room. I am always telling my kids to clean theirs but mine doesn't get touched. So, I cleaned it. I had a man from State Farm coming to look at the leak in our bathroom and I didn't want him to see the mess. So, I cleaned and cleared out everything I could. The result...I have a new room. It is so nice! So tidy and spacious! It is a nice feeling! Now Todd just need to finish what I started on his stuff and we will have a wonderful room.

I am ready for little Ladybug to sleep at night. She is teething again so that doesn't help matters. She doesn't sleep through the night anyway, but when she is teething it feels like torture. I am a grouch because I am not getting the sleep that I so desperately need to stay pleasant, so I have to try extra hard to be pleasant anyway. That is just not easy. It's bad when I find myself doing things that I would get upset with the boys for doing. TJ called me on it and I had to do some repenting. Ugh! I pray for sleep constantly but sleep evades me. I told Todd that I must need to learn something from this lack of sleep because Heavenly Father continues to allow me to be tested with it. Maybe some day soon I will get that wonderful blessing of sleep!

Todd's birthday is coming up next Monday. He will be 35 years old. He has decided that this is a perfect year for a mid-life crisis. He has decided that he needs a Mini Cooper to help him through this "tough" time in life. :) I just chuckle with him and tell him that when he can find one in our price range he has my blessing. Silly man!

Lyssy-loo is needing my attention. I had better go! Until the next time...

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and all your cute stories a bout your family. I bet you are enjoying being home with Alyssa! I sure love being home with Natalie. I don't miss work one bit! Thanks so much for adding me to your blog. I love reading all about your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I know all about that lack of sleep business. Rachel is in the habit of waking up every morning between 4:30 and 5:00, and even though she doesn't eat anymore, I'm pooped!

    I have to laugh about Todd and his Mini Cooper. Jon told me for years that he wanted a sports car for his 40th birthday. I made sure he got one; the only thing was it was only abotu 1 inch long! Still, it WAS a bright red Porshe! Thank you, Walmart toy section. :)

    ReplyDelete