Thursday, September 24, 2009

Need a "pick-me-up" today?

Yesterday I was so tired and had been home all week with sick kids. So, I read my scriptures and folded laundry and took care of Max and Lady Bug. Then I had a prompting to read an article in the Ensign. I grabbed the September issue of the Ensign and started reading the First Presidency message....

It was wonderful. Of course I cried. I always do. But I needed it so much. I love President Uchtdorf. He always seems to know just what to say to the sisters of the church to help them to remember what great women they truly are. I needed that reminder. The best part about it is when he says...oh I am just going to copy and paste because I can't do it justice!!!

"May I invite you to rise to the great potential within you. But don’t reach beyond your capacity. Don’t set goals beyond your capacity to achieve. Don’t feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure. Don’t compare yourself with others. Do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest. Have faith and confidence in Him, and you will see miracles happen in your life and the lives of your loved ones. The virtue of your own life will be a light to those who sit in darkness, because you are a living witness of the fulness of the gospel (see D&C 45:28). Wherever you have been planted on this beautiful but often troubled earth of ours, you can be the one to “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees” (D&C 81:5)."

"My dear sisters, as you live your daily life with all its blessings and challenges, let me assure you that the Lord loves you. He knows you. He listens to your prayers, and He answers those prayers, wherever on this world you may be. He wants you to succeed in this life and in eternity."(Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Influence of Righteous Women", Ensign, Sept. 2009, 2-7).

Oh...it's just awesome. It spoke to me. I am so glad that I listened to that prompting and read that article. I need to do it more often. The only problem is that whenever I read it...I cry. I don't like to cry, but I do it a lot.

But even though it made me cry it was cleansing and I needed that and my Father in Heaven knew that I needed it too. I need to learn to let myself cry and not feel bad about it. It just frustrates me.

Today, after I got some extra sleep, I was able to exercise again. Yeah! I needed that today too! It gives me so much more energy!! Now I'm ready to take on the rest of the day! Taking care of Max still. Lady Bug is fussy today, but is taking a nap now so I am getting a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment