Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nothing to say...

Days like this I find myself feeling like I want to write...but about what? So much is going on around me...it's like I'm sitting in my chair and the world and the chaos are spinning in rampant crazy circles around me and my chair...creating a blur.

I just finished reading a blog that I happened upon...and I'm always amazed at what I find when I need it! I was actually doing some research to help a friend find gf/cf foods for her children. It always makes me smile to read or hear about others who struggle with similar things in life. This woman also has a son with Autism and a son with ADHD. It seems that Autism and ADHD are everywhere. It's bringing people together to help one another through yet another trial in life.

We don't find things by accident...there is always a purpose.

People sometimes look at me in awe...like I must be some kind of hero...to be living with a child with Autism and one with ADHD. And I furrow my brow and think...they're my children...they ARE who they are, in part, because of the disorders...and I love them.

Yes...there are times when it's very crazy in our home...well...we ARE the CRAZY Cantwells! :)

Sometimes there are extremely loud screams coming from the mouth of Mr. Max; Screams that most normal 9 year olds would never find erupting from their bodies. We've learned not to react much. We turn, look to see it he's hurt/injured/dying and then when we see that he is not we tell him that the screaming is not an acceptable behavior. Usually it's caused by a sibling taking something, or pretending to throw something away that should not be thrown away, or because in his mind he had the cereal box first even if he hadn't even touched it yet.

What we find as pretty normal in our house...is far from normal to many people.

Max...hates homework. He gets very upset when he had to do homework. And when I'm not paying close enough attention, he makes me think that he doesn't have homework...then I realize the next morning that, in fact, he does have some. Let the screaming begin!

His newest way to show his frustration is to slap his own face. Well, that just can't make it much better, now can it.

It's a daily struggle. One that I know I can handle with the help of my Father in Heaven. And he seems to bless me with others...along the way...that can help me...or I can help them as we struggle each day through life.

Okay, so I started out with nothing to say, and then rambled on. That's par for the course I guess! Have a fantastically sunny day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog and mentioning us in your post! :) My son that is autistic is actually no longer on a GFCF diet (but he had been for 2.5years) and so far, he hasn't had any negative reactions to being back on normal foods (it's been 2months!).

    I loved reading about your little (well, not so little) family. My boys keep me hopping, that's for sure! :)

    Will definitely be back to read more about your family .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Normal" sure had a lot of definitions, doesn't it! I think Heavenly Father really gives us the strength we need for our particular, individual experiences. That's why we look at others with awe; we really don't have the strength to bear their burdens . . . because they aren't ours!

    I'm glad for blogs to keep up with each other. :)

    ReplyDelete