Monday, March 21, 2011

Books, books, and more books...

I love books...it's plain and simple...
Books are wonderful treasures...that allow me to escape reality...for a time...
I love reading good books...the poorly written ones I find I want to chuck out the window...
I would spend every moment of every day on my comfy couch...if I could...reading good books...
But...alas...this is not my season to indulge in such lovely things for prolonged periods of time...so... I get in a chapter here, a line there, where ever I can.
Those are moments of pure bliss...when I am enveloped by another glorious tale...it's like therapy!

The book I am currently reading is by one of my favorite authors, Brandon Sanderson...who is a phenomenal story teller. The title of the book is "Alcatraz versus the Scrivener's Bones". It's the second book in the series.

When I purchased the first book I did it...almost cautiously. I really wasn't sure what to expect. I had read The "Mistborn" series...which I highly recommend. But this "Alcatraz" series is geared toward youth readers. I figured I could read them, make sure they were suitable and then pass them on to my sons to read. Little did I know...

So, I picked it up and was pleasantly surprised. It is hilarious! I found myself laughing out loud...and my family would ask, "WHAT?" To which I would shake my head and say,"nothing". While reading, I have found myself furrowing my brow...trying to figure out what crazy thing would happen next.

This series isn't your typical Fantasy series. It's far more. At the end of the day, I look forward to cracking open the book, withdrawing into its story...and laughing at its silliness! My children will love reading them...when I'm through of course!

2 comments: