Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Step At A Time

I have spent many an hour at the computer yesterday just working on our Relief Society newsletter and other items. Needless to say I was a little fried when I got done yesterday. As I was driving to get Colin to school I was listening to my thoughts as they rolled around in my brain. Something clicked and I suddenly had an overwhelming desire to be an awesome Mother. No yelling at my children when I am frustrated, always taking the time with them, etc, etc, etc. I was determined.

I picked up Colin and was getting him into the car and noticed that I was a little snippy with him. Great! That was a fabulous start! I realized how very hard it is to be the kind of person I truly want to be. I am not a terrible person, but I want to be so much better. Don't we all?

I know that when I am tired I am a little less pleasant with my family. After 12 years of marriage I finally have that figured out. So, my determination to be a fabulous Mother, all at once no less, was a little hasty. I have to remind myself to take it one step at a time. One moment at a time. One day at a time.

I got a little more sleep last night and am able to be more pleasant today. Oh how I long to be that perfect Mother. Probably when my kids are all adults I will have it figured out. Maybe!! So, I am determined today to do better than I did yesterday. One step at a time. Line upon line!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted that. I think you are such an awesome mom. I was feeling the same way yesterday after I yelled at Parker for like, the tenth time. Sometimes I say to myself "shut up, stop yelling at them!" And then I do it again. It is so frusterating. I want to be the perfect mom too. I pray about it every night, but then I seem to let the heat of the moment get to me. Let me know when you get it figured out and you can give me lessons! :) Hang in there, I think you are an awesome mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you were a little hard on yourself. I have felt you were an awsome mother from the first time I met you. As we grow closer together and I watch you with your little ones, I have feelings of regret in that this time for me is over. You are doing a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete