Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What...what's that you say...come again...

I have been struggling this past week with an ear infection. Oh my word. I am so glad that I don't remember these from childhood. The first day was a little sore, the second day was a little more painful and then that evening I sat on the couch in tears. This is what our children go through. Holy Cow!!!

Todd came home from his week in Michigan with this sickness. And then I promptly got it about a week or so later. He had to have 2 rounds of antibiotics and steroids. The ringing is still in his ear.

So, I have only had 7 days of an antibiotic and today my other ear is clogged up. The ringing in my right ear is so bad that I can not hear much of anything at all in it. I can't hear the kids. They are all frustrated because Daddy had it first and now Mom is sick with it. And it is just lasting for ever! So, I have been trying to get things done, but talking on the phone is hard because I have to use the better of the two ears and then I can't hear out of the other ear if the kids need me. So, I am constantly checking on the kids if I have to be on the phone. So, don't be surprised if I don't answer the phone. Just leave a message and I will return your call when I can hear again!

Yesterday, while I was feeling a little better, Colin and I made cookies. That was fun. He sat on the counter and scooped ingredients and poured them into the bowl. He even cracked the eggs. Then he decided that it was gross on his fingers, so I could do it. We also sat and read a book together.

I am really trying to make this worth while for him to be at home and yet a part of me just wants to sit and do nothing cause my ear is ringing and I can't hear much. Poor excuse. I tried to exercise yesterday but that made it worse. So, I won't do that until I am better.

I am proud of myself today. I have lost 13.6 pounds since the first of January. That is a total of 32.6 pounds since Lyssy-loo loo was born!! Not bad...not bad. I still have another 16.4 to go to get to Pre-Alyssa weight. I CAN DO IT!!! When you gain 49 pounds with a pregnancy it can take a little while to lose it all!

I love to write. I am not always very creative when writing on my blog but I can be when I write stories. I have put off writing because...who knows...there are just other things to do. Then I watched a little clip on U-tube by President Uchtdorf. My favorite line was at the end. "The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create!" I just need to listen to the promptings. I have felt like I should just sit down and do it, but haven't made the time. Plus, I hate sitting downstairs at the computer. I want to be on the couch. Maybe...a laptop in the future...in the far future probably...but maybe. Anyway. I guess I should just let those creative juices start to flow and get myself writing again...even if it is just for my close friends. Who knows!

Lyssy-loo loo is talking to her toys! I better go while she is still happy!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are feeling bad. Fantastic on the wieght loss!! I has been great sharing with you in this journey. Here is a long distance hug ;) for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm sorry you've been sick. Especially with an ear infection! Those are awful. I hope you get better very fast.

    Your kids are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete