Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Things that make me smile!

Baby belly laughs.
Alex singing songs from Disney Channel while making his breakfast.
Max playing with my hair.
TJ singing to his new MP3 player that his favorite Uncle Will gave him for his birthday.
Todd wrestling on the floor with the boys.
Todd coming home for lunch every day just to see me.
Reading a great email, or blog.
Reading a passage of scripture that touches my heart.
The feeling of peace that the Spirit can bring when you need it most.
Knowing that I am loved by many many people.
Mud season in Maine!
Rabbits on the back lawn.
Cardinals in our bird feeder.
Boys playing outside in the warm weather.
Children laughing
Sleep
Having a family
A new meal that turns out good!
Exercising
"The Sound of Music" where she sings about her favorite things.
Baby animals
The smell of lilacs

I could go on and on forever! I needed a moment to remember what makes me happy. It always makes me feel better when I blog and today I think I really needed that. I am so grateful to be so blessed. I have four wonderful boys who learn each day and who teach me to be a better parent each moment. I am so far from perfect, but I like to think that I am improving as the years go by.

I love taking pictures. I took time off from wedding photography to have a sweet baby. When I think about doing weddings again I have no desire. I love doing family photos. There really isn't a lot of money in doing them, but I love it. I would rather help people have pictures on their wall that are current than see the 10 year old photos around their homes. I love taking random pictures of my kids. Whether or not they are good matters not. The fact of the matter is that "good" is in the eye of the beholder, so really ALL photos are good. If it make me happy and brings joy to grand parents and aunts and uncles then it is all worth it.

Alyssa is now six months old. I can't believe it. The time has flown by. I love being a Mom. There are days that I want to rip my hair out, but I go to sleep and with the sun rises a new day and a new start. My hair is still in my head. My children are all alive and well, as I have not strangled any of them.

I hope each of you is enjoying this wonderful time of year. I love watching the trees and flowers bloom and the animals come out of their winter homes. Think about something that makes you smile! Then pass it on!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! You always amaze me with your insights. Who wouldn't smile with all those wonderful boys & that sweet little girl? But...mud season in Maine???? You must just smile because YOU don't have to deal with it. Yup! That's it! I know you miss the cold of winter, which I thoroughly don't get, but I love so many of the the things about you talked about, & probably a lot of other things. I do try harder all the time to be thankful for more & more. Thanks for the inspiration!!! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete