Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference...a blessing to us all!

One of the most wondrous blessings about being alive in this day and age is having the Restored Gospel on the earth. What a fantastic time we live in. We are privileged to have a modern day Prophet on the earth today who leads and guides the Lord's church. He blesses us with guidance and direction so we can live our lives in a manner that is pleasing to our Father in Heaven. Sometimes his direction is so simple and easy, while other times it is harder and tests our faith.

This weekend I was excited to turn on the computer and watch our semi-annual General Conference and hear the words of our leaders. What wonderful messages they had for us. There were messages on parenting, showing love to our spouses, listening to the Holy Ghost, being self reliant, giving service to those in need, and being disciples of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

One of the simple things our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, suggested that we do is to place a picture of the temple in each of the bedrooms in our home. The temples are beautiful places where we can go and feel of the spirit and receive courage and strength for the trials we might face. It is a place of learning. It is a place where families can be sealed for time and all eternity. It is a place of blessings. I want my children to love the temple as much as I do so that one day they too can be sealed to their eternal companions.

I am so thankful to be so blessed with the gospel in my life. It has helped to shape me into the person I am today. If you want to view any of the talks from General Conference, simply to go www.lds.org and look for the April 2011 conference. Soon you will be able to read them too. I can't wait to have my copy of the Ensign in my hot little hands!

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoyed this conference. I too was impressed by the idea of temples in each bedroom. It made me think of which ones I want to select. Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to be married in my favorite or even do any ordinances in them, but I will some day. Is it strange to adorn my walls with them then? :)

    ReplyDelete