Friday, May 22, 2009

Friendship

I love good friends. We all need them. Heavenly Father put us here on earth to learn and grow. Who better to do that with than our girl friends. My best friend from high school texted me the other night when there was some high stress going on and she was upset. She asked me why men can't handle the crying...and why can't they just give you a hug and tell you it will be okay. GOOD QUESTION!!! We are just different beings. So I thought about it for a minute and then sent back a text. I told her that that is why we have women. We can sympathize, comfort, hug, cry along with each other and so forth. Men aren't gonna get it! Though sometimes they learn to just understand that that is how we are! So, we call our girl friends, our sisters, and we talk about our woes.

How does Heavenly Father answer our prayers? In so many instances they are answered by our friends, our sisters. When we need a pick me up, a shoulder to cry on, a chocolate fix or just a listening ear, He sends us friends. He sends us earthly Angels to take care of us.

I remember when I had my first miscarriage...
I had been praying for a sister in our ward. I didn't understand her and I wanted to be able to love her the way our Father in Heaven loves her. So I had been praying. Then I had a miscarriage. TJ was about 6 months old or so. I cried and was a little upset but not nearly as emotional as I thought I would be. I seemed to be handling it pretty well. It snowed, and in Maine when it snows, it really snows! There was a knock at the door. This sister, for whom I had been praying, stood there with red roses in her hand. I welcomed her in and we chatted a bit and then she offered to shovel my driveway. I declined the offer but we were able to talk a bit more. This sister had been through numerous miscarriages and she knew how I felt. She came to bring me a little joy. She was my earthly Angel that day.

I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. If it weren't for the church I wouldn't have all of my wonderful friends here in Missouri.

Before we moved from Maine to Missouri I had been praying for a friend who could understand me and who shared my beliefs. I prayed constantly for that friend. Little did I know that I would be sent to Missouri to find her! I have so many wonderful church friends now and know that this is where I needed to be.

Have you gotten a hug, phone call or just a quick pick-me-up from your friend, your sister, today?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm! I knew that Kathy did that, but never knew that you had been praying for her. The things we don't know!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I pretty much love you more than you could ever know. I'm so glad you eloquently wrote about the importance of women supporting other women. Without meaning to, or even knowing, you uplifted and supported me today. Just by being YOU!

    ReplyDelete