Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good times!

WooHoo! I just broke the 150 mark!! I am so excited! This has been hard for me. Hard how, you ask? I hate not being able to just eat what I want, when I want. I have struggled with it. I am a muncher. I like sitting with a bag of chips and just munching. Which is totally bad. So, I eat lots of veggies and salads and then at the end of the day I have left over points so I can eat a FEW munchies. They are measured portions though. So, I'm doing it, but there are some things that I wish I could have, but I just won't allow myself to waste points on them. I can finally eat chocolate though and I have found that the fun size 3Musketeers bars are low in points. So I can have one or two and get my chocolate fix and move on.

Mother's Day has come and gone. This one was only eventful because I spoke in sacrament meeting. It was interesting. Todd left Saturday morning to go to Puerto Rico! He got in late that night, but on Sunday they were tourists. Oh...he has such a hard job! He is working during the days, but then they go out to eat, shopping, swimming on the beach, and who knows what else! My talk went really well. Thanks to Brother Sorrento and Cheyanne (our neighbor) who watched the boys, I was able to talk without worrying about the kids. Brother Helm had the pleasure of taking Alyssa for me. I truly believe that Heavenly Father blessed me that day. I didn't feel overwhelmed and stressed. It went smoothly. When others started to call to see how I was doing I realized how crazy it must have looked to everyone! But miraculously I felt at peace. Thank goodness. What a great blessing.

We are looking forward to going to Maine this summer. We will get to be there for three weeks. My best friend,Kristy, is getting married during that time. That will be fun. Juli is having back surgery and will be in pain, so we get to take care of her and entertain her. Then my grandmother will be there for a while too. It is going to be a good trip.

I am taking a rest today. I don't sleep well when Todd is away. I did better when he was gone more often, but am out of practice now. That doesn't mean I want him to be gone more again! We are contemplating adopting a dog so that I can deal with it better. When we were in Maine we had a husky named Malachi who made me feel so much safer with Todd away. Todd used to work in New York during the week and then could only come home on weekends. It has awful! That horrid job is part of why we moved to Missouri. Anyway...I thought that if we got a dog, after our trip to Maine, then it could make me feel more safe. We shall see!

The weather in Missouri has been mild lately. I love having the windows open and letting fresh air in.

Oh, last Friday I sanded, primed and painted Colin's and Max's room. It took all day. Colin helped paint and I took pix of him. He did a great job! Max helped a little too. Then Todd did the very top trim, because I was exhausted! Saturday morning, before Todd went to Puerto Rico, we moved the boys' bed and dressers into the room! Then we put up Alyssa's crib in the now empty room. All I need to do now is fix holes in Alyssa's wall, prime and paint. Then we move on to my room. It is the nastiest light yellow paint on half of the room and flowery wall paper on the other half. YUCK...with a capital Y! I am sure that will take me longer to do, but at least one room is complete!

The boys are really into these Bakugan toys. TJ has the most, but all the boys have a few. They are small round balls the size of a walnut. When you roll them onto the cards, which have metal inside, they pop open and reveal a creature. Each one has a power level. Anyway, they are really enjoying them.

School is almost over and soon we will be into Summer School. This is the first place I have ever been where it is something they encourage all students to attend. It is really fun. TJ is signed up to do the CSI class, Alex is in the Sports Medicine class and Colin will be in a class. Max won't be going because they will not provide a Para Professional for him. But that is just fine with me. Summer school is only half a day for four days a week. On the fourth day if they have had perfect attendance they are allowed to swim for free at the pool. The only downfall is that they have to be on the bus at 7:30am. That means I have to get up earlier. Another YUCK! But it will be good too. Colin will get familiar with the school and hopefully make some new friends. I can't believe he starts kindergarten in the fall. Holy Moly!

Alyssa is saying dadadada, and babababa. She is so cute. I find that I don't like putting her in the boys old clothes. I love putting her in girlie clothing. She is so cute in pink and purple. I like the cute little jeans they make for them and the little t-shirts. I don't do too frilly though. I can't stand anything too lacy. I am still a tom boy at heart! But I want my baby to be cute too. I tried some bows on a couple of Sundays but they just get in the way. So, we just settle for a cute dress. I love second hand shops too. Then I can get some of the cute name brand items at a very small cost. The other day I splurged and got an adorable pair of Gymboree jeans for her that cost me $7. That is a lot for me to spend. The most I usually spend is about $3.50 if it is in really good condition. And if it isn't really cute, I won't buy it.

Alyssa sits on her own, for the most part, and is eating little bits of food. She hates pureed food like apples and pears. So, we skipped the first baby food and we are doing table food. She is usually happy.

I'm going to go do some more laundry and clean the house. I need to get something done!

No comments:

Post a Comment