Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pictures

Another one of my obsessions! I love taking pictures. I think my kids get a little tired of me pulling out the camera! But, oh well! I even leave it on the piano in the living room now because you never know when the baby might do something ultra cute, or the boys might be silly or something that you just don't want to miss.

I've been working on uploading pictures to the computer, making discs for family, and uploading them to the internet to share with friends and family. I am trying to stay on top of it so that everyone will be able to see new photos of our kids each week. I have all of January on the computer now! Hurray!

TJ came home yesterday with a mock news paper that he had made. On the front page was an article he wrote about how he had received 100% on his science bench mark test. That is a big deal. He gave me the news paper to read first. My reaction, "Really? You got 100%? That's awesome TJ!" He always does pretty well, but never a perfect score until now. I am so proud of him! So, he got a reward...M&M's. Alex now wanted a reward too, so we gave him a job to do. He wasn't happy. He wanted an easy job. I asked him to empty all the small trash cans into the kitchen one for me. There are 2 upstairs and 3 downstairs. It took him a little bit and he was a little frustrated, but he did it and got his M&M's too! They are such good kids! Colin earned his M&M's by sharing really nicely with a friend, in order to help all the kids stay happy while I was baby sitting. Max earned his M&M's by completing 2 book reports. That is really hard for him to do. He hates them. We usually have a lot of screaming when he needs to do them. This time, he did a great job and there was almost no yelling! Yeah M&M's! Now, normally I don't bribe my kids, but it worked this time! And I don't usually use candy, but I thought a special treat might help once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. Your M&M story reminds me of when we were trying to help Eliza learn to add and subtract. She had no interest or patience with practicing until we used M&M's to check her work and she could eat them if she had the correct answer. I echo your "Yeah M&M's".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of all of my grandsons!!!! And did you come up with something for Alyssa to do for M&M's? I know, she can't have them, but she needs some kind of reward!!! Just kidding. You are doing such a great job with my grandchildren.
    You guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara. Thank you for inviting me to look at your blog. The kids are adorable. It looks like the boys love their little sis so much. I wonder if they will ever let her date!!! I hope you are planning a trip here soon, I would love to see the baby, the boys too of course. Take care.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete