Friday, June 14, 2013

Being sick is for the birds!

The beginning of the week was wonderful.  We spent time with my Dad, who was visiting from Maine.  Last week we had fresh Maine lobster and clams for dinner one night.  We took the kids to the park, went to the zoo, made molasses cookies which are my dad's favorite, and visited a state park with a really cool cave called The Devil's Ice Box.  By Tuesday of this week I was feeling pretty cruddy...a cold was dragging me down.  By Wednesday I was forcing myself to get up and do things even though I felt awful.

Little Miss Curly Girl was showing signs of being sick right along with me.  When we took my dad to meet the shuttle to the airport on Wednesday afternoon she was feeling really nasty.  Bring on the moaning and crying.  Poor thing!

Thursday I laid in bed for 3 hours with Curly Girl while my oldest two boys took care of the youngest Cutie Girl.  Thursday evening Cutie Girl had a fever.  My wonderful husband, who never gets sick, was starting to show signs of feeling sick, but chose to go play Ultimate Frisbee with some church friends anyway. Man did I want to go too.  But I couldn't even make it up the stairs without huffing and puffing. Geesh! By the time he got home he had a fever too.  GREAT!

Today is Friday...and we have spent the majority of our day in our room snuggling sick, feverish, fussy girls...watching movies...and snoozing when we could.  Our bed got peed on during Curly Girl's nap and now our bedding is being washed. Oh the joys of being sick. :)  I'm so glad I thought of dinner at 2:00 pm today or we would have eaten cereal or egg sandwiches for dinner....again.  Chicken, carrots and potatoes were cooking in the crock pot. What a relief...and a blessing. 

It has been YEARS since we have been this sick...Y. E. A. R. S. And right now I am SO very thankful that it doesn't happen very often.  I am so thankful for good health.  I don't know how long this creeping crud with hang on, but I am looking forward to having energy again and being able to exercise every day again and take care of my family.  Thank goodness for the patience of children who can entertain themselves for hours with legos, TV shows, and pretend play.  And thank goodness for children who are willing to help tend their younger siblings when their mama is sick.  I love my crazy crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment