Monday, April 8, 2013

Homemade paints

Curly Girl has been bugging me for paints.  She had some and ran out and just wants to paint.  How could I resist the pleadings of a 4 year old...I didn't want to spend the money on the paint.  I'm cheap.  Haha! I searched the internet for some recipes and found this blog that had a few different recipes.

I chose to make the recipe that she said was their favorite.  Why try to reinvent the wheel?  I'm pretty easy to please.  Today I finally got out the three ingredients to make the paint and Curly Girl helped me.  She stirred the water and cornstarch mixture on the stove.  I helped when it got a little too thick for her.

Then we transferred the warm mixture into small containers that I had purchased for this purpose.  It fit perfectly into the four small 1/2 cup containers.  Once it cooled a bit more I added a very small amount of food coloring gel...in the colors that Curly Girl chose.  She wanted rainbow colors.


And there you have it...one happy girl!  Happy Painting Curly Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment