Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cookies

So, while my sister was here visiting we were focusing on eating right and doing the Simply Filling Weight Watchers plan.  We were having fun coming up with good food ideas that we could enjoy...while losing weight at the same time.  In my brilliance...and ignorance...I decided I should try to make Monster Cookies with Stevia...so that they wouldn't be so many points.

Hmmm...

The dough had that Stevia aftertaste, but I thought...what the heck, let's give it a try.  It probably didn't help that I was so stuffed silly from overfilling myself at Olive Garden (for Juli's birthday...and NO that is NOT Simply Filling...it's just eating fun foods LOL!).  I couldn't even think about food.  It sounded gross.  So I made the Stevia cookies.

I mean, come on!  I says RIGHT on the package that you can use Stevia, cup for cup, in the place of sugar. Hahaha!  I think I ate 3 or 4 bites of this cookie.  Ugh!  They were so yucky.  The consistency was off.  The aftertaste was strong. I could barely taste the peanut butter.

The kids noticed them and wanted to try them.  So I let them.  They loved them.  WHAT?  Silly kids!  Maybe they need to check their tastes buds.  Are they malfunctioning today?  HAHA! I let them have the cookies for Supper....cause I'm such a cool Mom, right!  They LOVED it!  Really they were eating mostly peanut butter and oatmeal.  :)

Juli was so full from lunch that she couldn't even think about food without feeling yucky.  She didn't try them. But another friend did. Let's just say...the kids all have messed up taste buds!

Today I made the Monster cookies again, because I wanted some that tasted good.  SOOOO much better! I guess the moral to my story is...if the dessert is good don't try to alter it.  Just enjoy it as the treat that it is!  Save the healthy new ideas for meals.  I don't screw those up very often anymore!


Monster Cookies
by Sister Steavens (Mission president’s wife from Sister Bowden’s mission)
1-Mix well:3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups peanut butter

2-Stir in:4 ½ cups rolled oats

3-Add if wanted in ½ cup amounts:M&M’s, Reese's Pieces
Chocolate Chips
Dried fruit
Chopped Nuts

Drop on lightly greased cookie sheets (large or small).  Flatten gently. Bake at 350 degrees.  10-12 minutes for small cookies, 12-14 for larger cookies or until lightly browned. Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes.  Cool on rack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment