Monday, May 14, 2012

A fresh start

It's Monday morning.  The alarm clock blared and in my sleepy fog I thought I was dreaming something.  My brain cleared.  I looked at Cassie, sound asleep next to me, and realized the obnoxious noise was the alarm clock. I quickly leaped over her and smacked it into silence.

"It can't be morning already," I groaned to myself.  I slowly, unsteadily, plodded to the bathroom since I was up.  Up...maybe in body, but not in mind.  I came back to the bed and looked at my two sweet, sleeping girls.  Both snuggled peacefully into my bed.

"I'm not ready to be awake yet." I thought.  I slowly climbed onto the foot of my bed, careful not to jostle the sleeping angels, and curled up for a few short minutes...my legs dangling off the edge.

I bolted upright...there is was again.  I'm glad I hit snooze the first time the alarm went off.  I slid from my spot and my knees hit the floor.  I needed to say my morning prayer.  I rested my forehead on the mattress. My brain still so foggy.  I know He understands.  I stumble through my morning prayer.  I need the strength He can give me.

I slowly stand up, stretch and stumble to the kitchen, wiping my sleepy eyes.  TJ is already up and eating breakfast.  I'm so blessed.  It was a good day yesterday.  Mother's Day.  The boys made me breakfast and made sure to help out a lot more.  I smile to myself.  My life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment