Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm a proud Mama!

TJ came home from school with a writing assignment that he got a A+ on. I sat to read it, and was pleasantly surprised! He has never written anything like this before. How fun to see the growth and talents of a child! Here is what he wrote:

5 Slow Minutes

It was the most miserable 5 minutes in my 13 years that I remember! That Friday had nothing wrong with it until the shredding sound of an electric guitar started playing, a prism started dancing in my pocket, and a bead of sweat racing across my cheek. I knew I was standing on a mousetrap coming to snap me to the ground.

She looked over to me, as Mrs. Tobar always finds out about who did what in class. She took her choice of steps carefully towards me as if she were a lion stalking its prey, I thought to myself, sweating like a beast, yet the skin was colder than the frostbitten winters!

Once she was done stalking over, she put out her claw to reach for the source of the music. I took out the prism, handed it to her, and watched it fade away into her desk. 2:50! I left school without a phone.




I love to write and it's very exciting to read the work of my own son as he learns the skill of using words. Very exciting indeed! I can't wait to read other pieces he comes up with.

4 comments:

  1. I love it. He did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is NOT 13! Whaaaat? Your kids are growing up too fast!

    This is an amazing piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, TJ!

    And even though he must be 13, it still seems weird to me! How did that happen?!!?

    ReplyDelete