Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fun Stories

Today....I'm standing on a stool painting yet another wall and I hear,"I done...I done", followed by some mild fussing. I hollered out to Alex and asked him to check on Alyssa. He says, "Oh no...she spilled the milk." I came out of the bedroom to find Alyssa sitting at the table with about a quart of Silk soy milk poured all over herself, the table, chair and floor. No wonder she was done!! Not fun to be all wet and sticky. LOL!

Yesterday Todd told Max that is was chilly out and Max said, "It's not Chili out Dad...Chili is miles away!" What a crack up!

We drove to the Capitol of Missouri for Alex's fourth grade field trip on Thursday. Jefferson City is about 3 hours away and it's beautiful. I drove behind the bus that Alex was on, on the way there. Then Alex chose to ride with me for the ride back home. Another lady chose to ride with me, which ended up being rather nice. I don't know any parents from school, so I was a little nervous, but it worked out great. The little girl riding home with us Thursday was a chatterbox. She kept making silly noises and saying silly things. Alex, who is usually doing something similar was unusually quiet in the back seat. Finally Alex said, "Does anyone have a mega sized cork?" I had to try so hard not to laugh!!!! Has he heard himself lately? LOL! What a riot!

Kids are so fun. They can make you laugh, cry and want to pull your hair out too!! But most of the time, they bring joy.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love kids. They crack me up all the time. You just never know what they are going to get you into. It is a fantastic journey. I AM GOING TO MISS YOU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete