Monday, March 8, 2010

Let's start fresh

It's a new day, new week and I am ready! I am going to do better today listening to my children. I am going to get more laundry folded and put away. I am going to say kind things to my family and think before I speak.

I am not always very patient with my family. I wish I were more so, but I'm not. Having OCD can be very difficult at times, because I expect too much from others. My expectations have decreased dramatically since having children though. I just know that there are not enough hours in a day to complete everything that I want to have complete. My house can not be perfect all the time. And right now...it rarely is perfect! Having five kids just does that to a person! I have to not worry about it!

I have done a lot of looking withing myself this last week. Pondering. Trying to figure out how to improve our home. What I realized, silly me, is that it all starts with me. They all take cues from Mom. Even Dad takes cues from Mom. If I am tired and grouchy, guess what...they are grouchy. If I am relaxed and just chillin' out...they are too. For the most part anyway.

So, after a rough morning getting the kids ready for school, I decided that it is all mental and I NEED to change the way I look at things. I need to be more positive, more patient. I need to look for the happiness around me. I need to point out all the good things my kids do and say. So, I am going to begin today. I am going to do better. Be a better person and try to teach my kids to be better people too.

Okay...here goes....

2 comments:

  1. That's the goal I set for myself every morning, too!

    We moms are sure in this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have to set our personal goals each day. I am trying to be more in tune with the Spirit & to treat those I come in contact with, with Christ-like love...true charity.
    Oh, believe me, I have to start over again every day. But I am trying, & I know that Heavenly Father knows my heart.
    I am thankful for my knowledge of the gospel & that I need to continually stretch myself. Otherwise, I can be really lazy!!!

    ReplyDelete