Friday, February 26, 2010

I feel the Spring Fever coming on!

I know the snow is still covering the ground. The temperatures is still low and it doesn't feel like spring quite yet, but I am itching to start my spring cleaning. I could be because of all this talk of possibly having to move to a new house and needing to get this house ready to sell. I see cobwebs everywhere, and fingerprints smeared on the walls, toy marks on the floors and muddy doggy prints on the linoleum. It doesn't help that I have been sick and couldn't do much of anything for 2 full days. That makes me want to go nuts! I am finally feeling a bit better and I just want to be 100% so that I can get out and do things and clean my house and.....

You name it...there are a thousand things I could be doing. I tried out a new recipe tonight too. I love to bake and I have refrained because I have been doing Weight Watchers and didn't want to screw up my success. But...alas...the muffin tins are calling to me....

So, Todd applied for a new job. A job that he would absolutely LOVE. A job that would require him to use his Spanish speaking abilities frequently. A job that could potentially mean better pay. A job that would mean that we have to move away from our wonderful beloved home, and friends in Saint Joseph, MO and move to an area near Jefferson City, MO.

Sniffle....sniffle...

Okay...I've done my crying for now. It makes me sad, but I can't stand seeing the sad countenance of my wonderful husband when he comes home from a job he doesn't enjoy. He goes each day because he knows that he needs to. He goes because it is his responsibility. He is wonderful. He comes home and tries so hard to keep his job at work, but when I can see it in his face...he is sad at work...it makes me want to cry. I want to see my husband happy at work again.

I asked him to pray about what to do and I left it in his hands and told him when he decided, then he could bring it to me and we could pray together.

Do I want to move...heavens no. But if the Lord wants us to move then He will make it happen. He will provide the way for us to do this. As Nephi said, "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." (1 Nephi 3:7)

If we are meant to move, then the Lord will provide the way and everything will fall neatly into place. I have seen it happen so many time. I have great faith that it will happen again if we are meant to go.

I also have faith that He will help ease the sadness that will come from leaving my wonderful friends. He eased my sadness when I had to leave my family behind in Maine. He will do it again.

I am so thankful to be so blessed. I am thankful for a wonderful Husband, for loving parents who taught me the gospel, for extended family who love and support us, for 5 awesome children who constantly teach me to be a better person, and for the most wonderful friends who love me for who I am; who accept me and forgive me of my faults; who are always there for me. I am truly blessed.

Before we know it the snow will be melted away, new grass will begin to sprout, the birds will again fill the trees, new life will emerge, and warm weather will appear. And then......it will get really really really HOT!!!

Enjoy each day. Find joy in each moment. For we are all blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! A move is just hard! And as we're working on moving, too, I see the exact same problems everywhere I look--only worse (I think). How on earth are we going to paint and clean up a house that is full of 9 people, 6 of whom have no respect for newly painted surfaces!!?!?!?!

    Wishing you good health and happy moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so hard when you see your husband down trodden by his work! It breaks your heart even more when they don't say anything about it, but you can see it. I long for a change, a move, but I know it would be very difficult for me to leave my family behind.
    I too have Spring fever. Spring brings out the true and happy Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched my husband work a job he hated for 15 years. We moved and moved and moved and moved. Each move brought more friends to bless our lives. Now I watch him come home happy. It is a huge difference. I wish he made more money, but his happiness is more important.

    We have always felt that this hymn is our family theme song, "It may not be on the mountain height, or over the stormy sea. It may not be at the battles front, my Lord has need of me. But if by a still small voice he calls. To paths that I do not know. I'll answere dear Lord with my hand in thine. I'll go where you want me to go.

    We have lived our lives by this and have ALWAYS been blessed. It is hard, but also there is great joy to be had.

    On a personal level, I will be sad, I will miss you tons!! Thank heavens for blogs, and cell phones!!

    ReplyDelete