Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good Health

Don't they say that you don't appreciate something until it's gone. Well, I think that sometimes I take for granted that I am in good health. Then on days like Monday I wish and pray with all my might that the pain will somehow go away.

I have had a burning in my upper abdomen, just below my sternum. It is usually accompanied by gas and bloating. It is very painful. Monday I went to bed with a warm rice bag against my tummy. Tuesday I woke up feeling better but not 100%. Later in the afternoon the pain started in again. I wanted to curl up in a ball. But I had to go to the church that night, so I had Todd get me some Pepto Bismal to help ease the pain. After talking to my awesome Chiropractor we determined that it might be an ulcer. He asked me if I was stressed and I just laughed. I have learned that when I think I am not stressed, I usually am. So, he started me on a supplement to help. Wednesday morning I was doing better but by the afternoon I was starting to hurt again. I took a nap and started to feel better. Today, Thursday, I have felt pretty good; Just tired due to not feeling well. I have still been taking the supplement and I am also making sure to eat bland foods. Saltine crackers are my friend. I am hoping that this will heal quickly and I will be able to eat normal foods again. The only kicker is that I need to find a way to relax and not get stressed out!

One way to help my stress is to keep up on my budget. I am doing that this week and it helps me feel better about our finances. Whew! I'm still working on other ways to reduce my stress. I know that I can do it with the Lord's help. That is the only way to get through; with the Lord by my side. I am so thankful for Him and His love for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I read all the blogs you sent me, & now the rest that you have posted. It feels good to read them & to have them printed. I want to keep up on that. And little miss "Ladybug"!!!! Oh my!!! She is growing up, & will be married before you know it!
    I always know that you will find the right way to figure things out. I am at that point of needing to de-stress!! It's definitely not an overnight process! A lot of prayer & trying to listen to the Spirit. That makes a huge difference.
    Remember you have to take care of yourself or you will be of no good to anyone else. I am having to figure out to do that for myself at the moment.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete