Monday, October 26, 2009

Needed a long Time Out!

Oh what an awesome weekend! Can anyone give me a Whoo Hoo? I attended Time Out for Women in Kansas City along with Alicia and April. We were lucky to sit next to Michelle and Sephie while we were there. They were so kind and saved us seats on both days. I came away with a determination to do better, have a more positive attitude, be more kind and to think before I speak. The highlight for me was that John Bytheway was there on Saturday because Sheri Dew couldn't make it. Oh My! Not only did he have us rolling with laughter, but so did most of the other presenters. It was a wonderful time-out for me. I have been desperately needing it. It was the first time I left Alyssa all day long. Oh, it was nice. Then I came back rejuvenated and ready to be a better Mother, wife and individual.

We carved pumpkins on Saturday night and then on Sunday evening we had Alyssa birthday party along with her cousin, Zac's. We had cake and ice cream and opened presents. I think the most fun part for the family is just being together. Having Grandma and Grandpa Cantwell there was definitely a highlight. They enjoyed watching the kids play together. I took lots of pictures to share with them and everyone else. Stay tuned for those later.

So, we are starting a new week. I have a lot to get done. I pray that Heavenly Father blesses me with all I need to accomplish all of these tasks!

On a side note, I have to thank my Father in Heaven. I had posted a while back about how I desperately needed sleep. Miraculously that night Lady Bug slept through the night and then continued that pattern for a week. Then she went right back to waking up several times. I am so thankful that when I was at the end of my rope Father in Heaven blessed me with some sleep. I know He loves me.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great weekend! I am grateful that we got to sit by you, too! I miss having you within a few minute drive and I am happy that I got to spend time with you for two days in a row!!

    I'm glad you got to sleep a little. I tend to be evil if I haven't had enough sleep, but I'm sure that never happens to you, wink wink!! :)

    ReplyDelete